I’m leaving you, my bloglings. It’s time for me to go be naked for a while, and this is just something I have to do alone. Well, alone except for Dave. And a bunch of total strangers.
Yessss! It’s vacation time! We’re heading back to our favorite Jamaican resort, which just happens to have a nudist side and a prudist side.
Why should you care if I’m leaving? Well, I’m not taking my laptop, nor am I shelling out $7 to use the completely unreliable computer in the “Internet Lounge.” That means we will be apart for a whole week. (sobs quietly while packing suntan lotion and flip-flops)
But don’t worry. I’ve got a tantalizing post scheduled to go up next Wednesday, and my brother has written a guest post, which will be published next Friday. So you have that. You also have my archives, so why not dig around? I’ve been doing things since July of 2007!
Before I go, I need to tie up a few loose ends:
Warning! I was having problems this week with my blog being too big and pushy and obnoxious and taking up all the CPU space on the Internet. Bluehost shut me down, but I think I fixed the problem. However, if you get an “Account Suspended” message instead of my beautiful bathtubbed self, you’ll know I didn’t.
I’ve been tagged for some memes and although I don’t always do memes (they can be hard to fit into my “I Do Things” format), here are two I definitely plan to do:
- Six Random Things—with a Twist from Stephanie at The Rocket Scientist. Write six things most people don’t know about one of your specialties. What are my specialties? Oooh, you’ll have to wait and see.
- Picture Meme from Lola at Lola’s Diner. From my picture files, I must open the sixth folder, choose the sixth picture, then post it on my blog, and provide “a very very intriguing explanation.” This one sounds fun, and if it takes me several tries to find an intriguing photo, surely that’s allowed?
Hey, remember the mouse? We found it. We were moving our coffee table back into place after taking down our Christmas tree. There was a small stockpile of cat toys: balls, strings, fuzzy toy mouse, dead real mouse. Luckily it didn’t look like it had been there very long, but that didn’t keep me from simultaneously screaming and throwing up (not as easy as it sounds).
Recently, I asked my beloved readers to come up with some stuff for me to do so you/they don’t have to. As a result of your requests, I have decided that in 2009, I will:
- Eat head cheese using my own actual mouth (“thanks” to Jeff from View from the Cloud).
- Write a guest post for Babs from Beetle Blog, Sharyn from FeeFiFoto, and Natural from Thinking Out Loud. Thanks for asking, ladies!
- Try to hook up Jen from Redhead Ranting with a suitable man.
- Compare generic food with its name brand counterpart (thanks to Kathy from The Junk Drawer and Maggie from Maggie’s Crafting Adventures).
Good-bye! See you in a week. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.