Happy I Do Things-Ween!
I’ve been tagged for the always-popular “8 Random Things” and “7 Quirky Things” memes by some of my blogging pals:
Herewith, in honor of Halloween:
10 Terrifying Things I’ve Done So You Don’t Have To
But wait! There is a (terrifying) twist to this list. Two of the things are outright lies. Yes! Two! Lies! I did not do TWO things on this list! Can you guess which two of these 10 terrifying things are not true? The first person to guess correctly will win EITHER
BOOOO! A terrifying keychain! (That not-so-terrifying dotted outline will NOT be on the finished product.)
1,000 terrifying Entrecard points! Brrrrrr!
The second person to guess correctly will win:
THE EXACT SAME THING!
So, are you with me? The first two people to guess the two lies will win either a limited-edition I Do Things Sleeping Cat keychain or 1,000 flavorful EC points.
OK, here are the Ten Terrifying Things, complete with random capitalization for extra TERROR:
- In my wild youth, I accepted LSD from a total stranger. And TOOK it!
- In my not-so-wild adulthood, I touched my eyeball AFTER touching a jalapeno pepper.
- I recently flew—on an airplane—withOUT my sedative.
- I once saw a toilet overflow. WITH TOILET CONTENTS!
- I dressed up as a terrifying GEISHA GIRL for a college Halloween party.
- I watched Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and couldn’t sleep for THREE WEEKS.
- I continue to wear that one pair of shorts with a big HOLE in the butt.
- As a child, I went into the neighborhood haunted house on a dare. ALONE!
- In high school, I dragged my friends to see The Exorcist . . . and REGRETTED it!
- I once dreamt about a scary dinosaur attack and couldn’t sleep for THREE WEEKs.
This terrifying contest will end on Wednesday, November 5, at approximately 5:00 or as soon as my first Vicodin wears off, UNLESS no one has guessed correctly, in which case someone named “DJ” from “I Stew Kings” will comment and win it all. Or, perhaps Gus will pick two random commenters. Who can say. It’s just too terrifying to think about.
Edited to add: The results will be posted on Thursday, November 6.
In true terrifying I Do Things fashion, NO ONE will be tagged for this meme, but ANYONE can grab it.