Two bad things happened to me this week.
- On my way to the store, I saw an orange blob on the driveway that looked EXACTLY like a very tiny fetus. I made a note to get my camera and take a picture when I returned, but then I accidentally drove over it. SORRY, FETUS!
- I ate a plateful of fettucine at 10 AM on Friday and that was pretty much the end of my day.
But then two great things happened to me this week.
Stephanie the Rocket Scientist forked over the Honest Scrap award to me and some other worthy bloggers. Stephanie is my hero, because somehow she manages a full-time job (she IS a rocket scientist, yo), a family (complete with BABY), a prolific writing career, AND two whole blogs, both of which are actually very good and clearly take a lot of work. Please check out Stephanie’s other awesome blog: Ask Me Anything, where, truly, you can ask her ANYthing and she will answer.
So, having accepted this award publicly, I’m s’posed to tell you 10 “honest” things about myself. Is there anything I haven’t already forced upon you? Oh, yes. Yes, there is.
- When I was a little kid, I thought I was Zsa Zsa Gabor. I talked like her, and adults encouraged me. I didn’t pretend to be Zsa Zsa Gabor. I literally thought I was her.
- I actually used the phrase “I creamed my jeans” not too long ago in reference to hearing the song “Grease” on the radio.
- Sometimes I’m afraid to go in our basement because there’s a sleeping bag on the sofa and what if there’s someone IN the sleeping bag?
- I once wrote a love song to pork roast titled “All of My Pork.” It was sung to the tune of Led Zeppelin’s “All of My Love, and, yes, I was stoned.
- Even tho I’ve showered every day, I still have that damn Band-Aid outline on my knee.
- I may be a little bit addicted to Vicodin.
- I was originally going to call this blog “The Naked Copyeditor.” Can anyone tell me how many posts I’ve written about copyediting?
- Based on watching “Batman” as a kid, I grew up thinking men’s “packages” were, like, all one thing instead of three things. Boy, was I surprised on my wedding night.
- I’ve never been into younger men, but I would totally give it up for Robert Pattinson.
- I will always choose cake over death.
The other great thing is that I WON a T-shirt from GoingLikeSixty simply for saying, “Cake or death.” Other great entries were “128 or 6″ and “WD-40 or Astroglide.” Check it out here. So now I get to choose my very own T-shirt from TeesForAll.
If anyone wants to help me pick out a shirt, I welcome your suggestions. Check out the site and leave me a comment. I will wear ANYthing.